Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The strongest visual aspect of my cartoon is my face. The contrast in colors automatically draws my eyes to the face of my cartoon. Since mostly every other aspect is dark and my face is a light color I view it as the strongest piece of my visual. Also it has the most depth to it. I think that my hoodie and jeans can be improved. I could have used more tools to create a jean and hoodie texture. Since the phone and the hoodie are both black they wash out and blend together making it hard to recognize that there is a phone there. The tools I used to create my piece of art work were the paint brush, quick selection, dodge and burn tools, and the eyedropper tool. I used the paint brush and quick selection tool to select the area(s) I wanted to be a specific color followed by using the paint brush tool to obtain the correct color and fill the area in with it. I used the dodge and burn tool to add depth to my face so it didn't look like a flat surface. I found tracing and scanning in my picture was the easiest aspect of this project. The most difficult being actually creating, shaping, coloring, and outlining my image. I find photoshop to be confusing and hard to understand at times. I would rate my overall effort grade from 1-10 is 7. I could have put more effort into the shading of my cartoon.

1 comment:

  1. Cartoon Creativity:4
    Effort:3
    Dodge/Burn:1
    Pen tool:4
    Craftsmanship: 4
    Blog:2.5 (how did you digitize your image? How did you meet the objective?)
    18.5/24= 80%

    ReplyDelete