Tuesday, March 7, 2017


    The strongest visual aspect of my piece seems to be our faces. It is the first thing my eye is drawn to when looking at this piece. Another thing that I'm drawn to as soon as looking at the picture is the background, and the drawings I scanned in. I notice the stars in the background and how it all ties together with the quote. The one visual aspect that I would say can be worked on is the placement of the polaroid pictures. I think I could have executed the placement of them better in order to make the overall picture look better.
    The tools I used to create my piece is photoshop. In photoshop I used an abundance of tools such as the eraser tool, the lasso tool, the text tool, the gradient tool, and the path selection tool. I used the eraser tool to get rid of polariod pictures that were over lapping. I used the lasso tool to select and erase the huge pieces of the polariods that were overlapping each other to give it the effect that whole polariod pictures are on top and below one another. I used the text tool to create my quote and edit the text, color, and size of the quote. I used the gradient tool to create my background. I also used the path selection tool as a cursor so I would not accidentally do something I didn't want to, such as continue using the lasso tool if I did not want to resulting in messing up my photo.
    Doing the background of my photo, picking the quote, scanning in my drawn pictures, and picking the photo I wanted to use were easy about this project. Figuring out how to overlay the polariod pictures without it looking messy or overall just not well executed was difficult because I've never done this before. I do not remember all that much about photoshop. I'd rate my project at an 8 because I feel like theres things I can definitely do better but I feel like Ive done a good job portraying what I wanted to, and using photoshop correctly.

1 comment:

  1. Effort:4
    Composition:2 (Try Placing focus off center)
    Objective:3 (missing foreground)
    Craftsmanship:4
    Reflection: 4 (The reason why your eye is drawn to the faces is because you are making direct eye contact with the viewer. Wherever eyes look to, the viewer wants to look too.)
    17/20=B+

    ReplyDelete